Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Blessing

One night while we were at my parents house, Parker was playing while we were cleaning the kitchen. Parker came in and said, "Mom." He just stood there. I took a knee to get eye level with him and he hugged me so, so tight and then kissed me. I love you Mommy, he said. And off he went! He rounded the corner but looked back and said, "but you know who I love the mostest...Jesus". And that was it. My faith increased. Doubt ceased. Tears rolling. My mom just looked at me in amazement.

God hears our prayers. He hears our cries for help, times of rejoicing, anger, happiness and all the while increasing our joy in Him. I pray every night that Parker and Tate will love Jesus above everyone and everything else in the world...every day...to never stray from His love even for a second. God affirmed his hearing and His promises to answer in His time for me this Christmas. My life is forever changed. I was looking, reading, searching for something special this Christmas and all Jesus wanted me to do was to look for Him.

Tonight we were all listening to some music (one of Parker's favorite things to do!) and Parker said, "God made the whole world and me. When is he going to come down here?" I just looked at Parker and explained a little to him. Then he went on about his singing and thinking. There is a spark in his heart toward loving Jesus...may I build on that, encourage him and be a good example to him in EVERY situation. And in all of this...to Him be the glory!

No comments: