Monday, May 11, 2009

A Decade

Well, as you may have read in Emily's previous post, but I feel like there are a few things that I would like to add. When I moved to Amarillo in May 1999 I thought that I knew Youth Ministry, I thought that life would be so easy and I would move on to another church after 5 years or so. But what do I know, right?

Now, I have an additional degree and a half (two by the end of the summer), an incredible wife, two boys, and a mortgage. Now...I don't know very much about Youth Ministry and I am constantly amazed at how much God loves me. Here is what I do know:

I know that the smartest decision in my life was asking Emily to be my wife -- she supports me, loves me (even when I am not lovable). She is an incredible mother and loves her boys so much. She has a great family that supports us and teaches us so much.

I know that we are lucky to have our sons! Parker has a great personality, we just have the difficult challenge of fostering that and allowing God to grow him into an influential child of God. Tate has such a bright future ahead of him, I can't wait to see the boy that he becomes.

I know that we serve at the best church ever. The people of FBC are great, challenging at times, but a joy to serve.

I know that the staff that we serve with are the best!

I know that the students of FBC are both great and a complete blast.

I know that I am proud to have a family that supports me. Thanks Mom and Dad for coming up to see us and to celebrate with us. Thanks brothers for helping me when needed and for teaching me so much.

I know that I am excited about the Rangers being in first place, however I don't want to be too excited, it i only May.

Now on to the next decade, wow Emer I am old.

Blessings,

Bradley

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited too about the Rangers...but then again it's only May and if history repeats itself, as it does every season with the Rangers...we won't be on top long...but for now, IT"S GREAT!!! Anyway, congrats on hitting the 10yr mark at FBC! It's crazy that a decade ago, I was a junior in that dept! haha! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

OH, this is Lindsey Harris by the way!