Saturday, May 30, 2009

Day One Recap!

Parker ended the day in luxury...a bath while he watch Thomas the Tank Engine on the flat screen! It was hilarious! He laid back in the water and said, "ahhh". I'm sure this will be a nightly treat while we are here!.

So, for my 30th birthday on Friday, Parker picked out Thomas the Train cupcakes with different engine rings on each cupcake. They, of course, have become a new toy! He is wearing all 6 rings in this picture.

Matching game!


FLOOR TIME! After I enjoyed a fun brunch with Kristin and few of her friends, it was time to be with the boys on the floor! I love this...and it's always great to catch up with Kristin!
We are praying for camp, Bradley! We know it will be a great week for you and the students. We are praying that the hearts of the students will yearn for the Lord now and always. May it be the BEST camp ever...for HIS glory and honor alone!

Pops took Parker to the "property" and they mowed with the big air-conditioned tractor! Pops had this hat for Parker. Parker loved being a helper but was so curious as to why there were so many bugs on the windshield!


Parker found a new place to sit...the coffee table...somehow rules at home don't apply at Pops and JuJu's...sometimes!


Tate had a GREAT day! He slept all night last night and was up at 7:30 am ready to go! He is full of sweet sounds and smiles! I've enjoyed lots of holdin' time with Tate since the routine chores and such at home don't have to be done! I can definitely call this a vacation!!


Parker has pretty much played with this Noah's Ark.

We are so blessed to be able to spend this week with Pops and JuJu. The highlight of Parker's day was when the "red truck" drove up...it was Uncle Buddy! Chris is here for several days and I'm sure that Parker will keep him busy and entertained! I must note that I have the two best traveling kids ever. No tears, no running off, always being a helper (Parker), and just being a complete joy to me! I wasn't so sure traveling with two boys by myself from Amarillo to Austin would be on my list of fun 30th birthday activities...but the conversations were great with Parker...as he put his arm around my neck, squeezed me so tight, while we were in the plane and said, "together forever"...that was the greatest gift and blessing in the world (his little mind is amazing...i cannot wait until he totally understands forever means eternity with Jesus!!) The first 30 years were great...so let the good times role!
I miss you, I love you, and I'm so thankful to be your wife! Get some rest tonight...more tomorrow!






No comments: