Monday, April 5, 2010

Breaking Freeeeeeee!!

A little break from regular routines is gladly welcomed around this here household! Don't get me wrong, we were BUSY with fun, grandparents, ministry, cooking, and just being together.


A trip to the Quarter Horse Museum where Parker and Tate (mostly Parker) enjoyed learning about all the different types of saddles, horses, and watching horse races.

Parker loved learning how the riders load up on the horses in the chutes! I think it finally made sense once he watched a horse race. On my "list of things to do in this life" is to go to the Kentucky Derby...not to gamble or any other...but to dress-up and wear a fancy hat and awesome shoes and enjoy watching everything go on! Maybe Parker will want to go someday...

We finally got a break from the snow (for a few days...it snowed as my parents were trying to leave Amarillo at the end of the week) and got OUTSIDE!! I had two happy, HAPPY, boys! We had the best time.




We enjoyed a trip to the park with the Raines, Allen's and Booth's followed by an early rise for church as it was time change Sunday! I don't know about you, but this time change is SOOOOOO hard! It's not the hour of less sleep for one night...it's the getting up in the dark that is rough! We are on the very west side of the central time zone, so the sun is late to rise and late to slumber!! Shopping with JuJu was super fun and taking a trip to the airport is always a highlight for my boys!


Bradley enjoyed amazing snow in Santa Fe, New Mexico with the middle school students for the first few days of Spring Break. They stayed at the FBC Amarillo lodge at Glorieta and traveled to the slops each morning for a long day of skiing! I don't think he had any trouble getting them to go to sleep each night!! Then, he brought that crew back to A-town, spent an evening at home and headed out early the next morning to join the High School Mexico mission trip. There was much concern over this trip this year in allowing the students to cross the border. Howie, Bradley and James did their research, James took a preview trip and followed up with contacts in Mexico, and all was G-O! I did have reservations about everything, but I just prayed and worried...to be honest, I mostly worried! Bradley would call each night and let me know if everyone made it safely back to the Texas side of the border. At the end of the week, when Bradley said, "we're all back safe and sound" I felt a thump on my car. I was stopped at a red light and wasn't quite sure what had happened. A truck had rear-ended me while we were sitting at the red light. My car has a bit of chipped paint but nothing too bad. He owns a body shop so my car will be fixed in no-time! But, that wasn't what I took from the whole thing. I don't think it was a coincidence that the exact minute I received the "safe" news from Bradley that my car was tapped. It was a God-tap. "Emily, if you will just trust me and not worry, talk to Me and not worry, praise Me and not worry, not worry, not worry, not worry, focus on Me, Me, Me, Me, Me....all those details WILL be taken care of! As soon as I got back in my car from talking to the bump-guy, I just laughed. "Ok, God, I get it" was what I said aloud. So...the title of my post, Breaking Free, is more than just Spring Break, a break in our normal routine, stop and be still from the hustle and bustle of like, but it's more about breaking free from worry and thinking that I am in control when I am surely not. Join me!


Mexico Mission Trip 2010
God said Go.
Go they did.
Old friendships reunited.
New babes in Christ.
Growth seen in those previous babes in Christ.
Blessed they were.
Praise the God who said Go.
He is our all-knowing, all-sufficient God
who was and is and is to come.

No comments: