Friday, July 3, 2009

You know you are a Dad when...

I am sure all of your parents have had moments like this, but this was my night...so far.

Tonight I was getting Tate's bath ready when Parker announced that he needed to poop. The only problem was the bathtub and the toilet are right beside each other. So I acted as if smelling poop wasn't going to bother me and continued to give Tate his bath. Well, Parker then announced, "Daddy, a little tee tee got on your pants, but it is ok because it will dry." Parker finished his sentence and I the see Tate shoot tee tee straight up in the bath tub. YUCK on both situations, right?

Well, not really. Here is why.
I know I am a Dad when my oldest son pee's on me and it doesn't bother me.
I know I am a Dad when my youngest son pee's in the bathtub and it is like nothing ever happened.
" when Tate is smiling at me from across the table at supper.
" when Parker asks, "Daddy can I sit in your lap to eat supper."
" when both boys look up to me, kind of scary, but I see it.
" when Tate wakes up at 7:30 on my day off and it doesn't bother me.

I am sure the list could go on but time to get Pman to bed. Have a great forth.

No comments: