Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Time!


One can never get enough kisses!

Parkerman and Taterbug!


My big boy and I just playing in the floor!


My baby ready for bed after a day of fun!


Togetherness

These boys are my life! I love them, as we say often, to the moon and back and back again! I wouldn't trade these blessings for anything else in the world! With that being said, I've struggled (now and when I had Parker) for my continued role as a student ministers wife. While my household is super busy, so is Bradley and our ministry. There is always something going on and I could quite literally have the boys with a sitter 5 out of 7 nights a week. So, my dilemma is where to draw the line. This isn't simply entertainment for the students, but life-changing events that I desire to support and be a direct part of! As Bradley ingrains in our parent ministry...discipleship starts in the home. Well, if I have my kiddos with a sitter as often as we have an event, who is going to lead them? Tough questions, huh? Well, as scripture reminds us, there is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven; he makes everything beautiful in His time (Ecc 3). This season of ministry finds me on my knees, pleading with the Father to embrace His children, my kiddos, and these students now and forevermore and for these students to be Kingdom focused leaving behind the pettiness of life and trivial pursuits. My heart is now calm and I am confident and excited to keep Jesus as my focus. These are exciting days in our family and for the student ministry at FBC Amarillo! So, students, I may not always be there in person, but trust me that I am talking with God about you and praying for Bradley, Adam and Shawn as they lead you! Keep texting me with your concerns, requests and praises! I love you all! (Looking forward to our middle school OKC trip tomorrow and Girls Retreat on Saturday...be there!)

No comments: