Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Opening Day is Oh So Soon!

I love me some Ranger baseball. I love me some Josh...Hamilton! Bradley and I were blessed to attend a local homeless shelter benefit with Josh Hamilton as the speaker. He and his wife Katy flew to Amarillo to share their story. I love their story. Jesus is real; He's still performing miracles in my life and the lives of those around me. That's why I love Josh Hamilton. His story includes Jesus. (Yes, he's pretty handsome, too). I have a passion for loving on addicts and covering them in prayer. I haven't been there, but for some reason, the Lord always brings these people to my mind and heart. They struggle. I struggle. The Lord redeems each of us - every time and every day. The Cross links us. Our need for the Cross links us. God is good and his goodness is for ALL people!

Josh shared a story about Katy that I pray can be said of me by my husband, family, friends, etc...when Katy realized she "simply" needed to forgive Josh, she called him up and basically told him that she didn't expect anything in return but that she needed him to know that she forgave him. And to THIS day, she has not revisited his "past" or "mistakes" E-V-E-R! Such a challenge to me not to dig up the past or remind anyone of past "forgiven" mistakes.





Hooray for April 1st - Opening Day!

No comments: