Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Boys!

a little about tate


Here Tate is saying, "hey batter, batter, batter, SWING batter" He and Bradley love to play ball together and Tate catching on to this saying is icing on the cake! (Yes, this is taking place during dinner...note the time on the wall clock...if dinner isn't on the table at 6pm each night...I have THREE cranky boys)


Here, Tate is screaming "hot dog". Tate is saying "hot dog" because he thinks Mickey Mouse is amazing and could watch those silly shows all day long...as long as there is a ball somewhere in the episode. Bradley is saying "hot dog" because he thinks that the "hot dog" guy at the Rangers game (who no longer works there) was amazing at saying "hot dog" the exact same way for probably 15-ish years! Regardless, these are two peas in a pod regarding "hot dog" and screaming it at the tops of their lungs! :)

Keys, keys, keys. Tate finds our keys in the "key drawer" and pulls his car out, tells us bye-bye, gives kisses, and he's off! I always ask him where he is going and he generally tells me school or bubba school. Recently, I made the comment that Tate hadn't misplaced/lost the keys E-V-E-R. I ate my words the next day. Bradley and I asked him where Momma's keys were...Tate's response was high...or so we thought. When he decided to get them a week later, he kept saying high, high, high...but he was actually saying hide, hide, hide!
Silly goose! Thank goodness for extra keys!

Bright! Tate loves to see lights, close his eyes, and tell me that the lights are bright. He is exactly like Bradley when he wakes up each morning or after nap..."bright momma, bright".

Here he is! My sweet William Tate!

a little about Parker


This is what you can find Parker doing most afternoons - reading, writing, coloring, drawing!
He is WAY into dinosaurs and enjoys sounding out the different dinos and spelling them! Mrs. Middleton continues to give us great reports about Parker's progress, respect for authority and kindness to others. Praise the Lord! He continues to show us pieces of his heart by busting out in song to the Lord, asking for forgivness and giving forgiveness without being asked.

The picture below was a note he wrote to Shawn Boyd. Shawn lost his brother tragically a couple of weeks ago. Bradley came home and talked to us all about Shawn and his brother Tyler. Understand that Parker and Shawn (Shawn is our associate recreation minister at FBC) share the love of batman and superman! So, as Bradley was telling the boys bye on his way to visit Shawn's family, Parker told Bradley that he was giving Shawn his best batman, "because he always gives things to me and I need to give something to him." I pray he always thinks of himself less and other more!


PS: Parker is still a "normal" kiddo with time spent in time-out and re-thinking wrong doings and how it makes others feel. Bradley and I have observed that about every 3-4 weeks, he REALLY pushes the limit; I just cannot understand why he does this! My, oh my, how my Heavenly Father must feel ALL the time from my lack of obedience. Wow - He is teaching me SO very much through my sweet boys...even on the hardest of days!

No comments: