Thursday, October 29, 2009

World Crafts Village


Our whole group!


I have a passion for learning more about Russia and doing anything I can to help Russians earn a living to stay out of poverty and prostitution. I led this great group of girls...Aman, Sierra, Jessi, and Kenna for our fair!

During my mission trip to St. Petersburg in July 2004, I saw poverty first hand. These orphans I ministered to and loved on are now more than likely on the streets with nothing, absolutely nothing. On their 18th birthday, the orphanage basically kicks them out! No training, no mother to teach them how to live, no money, no clothes, no method of transportation, nothing. So many of these adult orphans turn to drugs and prostituion simply to have a place to sleep or a couple of bites of food. My heart breaks, but God is good to provide a way to help them! May my efforts be increased ten-fold as only God, the miracle worker, can do! See below on how you can join me in my love for Russians and other believers across the world.

Darcie led the Asia group!


Celebrating with Sierra in her decision to live for Jesus! Love you girl! Thank you for already leading out and serving others!

If you have not heard of WorldCrafts, go to www.worldcraftsvillage.com. This ministry is amazing...all funds go directly to the person and/or village that made the item purchased! Lots of really neat handmade items for sale. Think of Christmas gifts...and bless the person you are giving to and the otherwise forgotten and provrished person you supported. You can have your own fair like we did or simply purchase items from the website. On the website you can read stories of lives that were changed through WorldCrafts! Blessings to you all!

No comments: