Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thinking back...

I was just thinking this afternoon...while mopping, dusting, etc...what I've learned about life, love and most of all, Jesus, over the past week or so. I came to realize that it's not something new, just something I need to work on. Here it is folks:

If you keep up with our blog, you know that Parker has asthma, but you also know that we have it very controlled for right now. Well, on Wednesday he started coughing...seeing the veins pop in his neck coughing. So, I started immediately with the Ventolin inhaler every 4 hours and began praying that this "attack" didn't get any worse. We were leaving the next morning at 6am for the annual student trip to Arlington. Ok, so we didn't have to go to Arlington but Parker was SO excited about going, riding in the bus, and everything else (see earlier post with pics). If his attack got worse during the night, I figured we would stay in Amarillo and skip the trip this year (humidity makes asthma worse!). Disappointment would be experienced well into the weekend if I told Parker we were unpacking and staying put! That would totally crush me! Parker is a go-getter...nothing stops him...generally is always happy, laughing, talking REALLY loudly, and entertaining the crowd...even when asthma attacks! So...where are you going with this you might ask??

How many times...everyday...do I disappoint Jesus. The one who created me and to whom I owe all my efforts and focus! So this, my friends, is what I am striving for. I know perfection will not be reached but in the end, may He say, well done emily, my good and faithful servant!

PS: He had a cough-free night and completely quit coughing about 2 hours into the trip and had a BLAST!! Thank you Lord for healing!

No comments: