Monday, August 31, 2009

Guess Who Moved??!?!?!

Our wonderful pastor, Dr. Howard K. Batson, shared this story in evening worship yesterday! We are currently going thru the book of James...always steps on my toes and I should have every verse memorized...my Dad and I read it before bed during my high school days...but I always learn more EVERY time and am always in need of repentence! Love you Dad!

An elderly couple who married back in the 1940's were driving in their big Buick down the road when they noticed a strange sight in the car ahead of them. Low and behold, it was a young couple sitting so close together that they appeared as one person. The old couple continued down the street in silence until the wife looked over at her husband and said, "we used to sit that close together all the time. Why don't we do that anymore? What changed?" The husband responded calmly, "I haven't moved," and continued down the road. (If that were me, I would move my rear on over to my hubby).

The whole point of the story is this: if you aren't close to Jesus, guess who moved??!?!? Jesus never leaves us; He is always near...embrace Him...respond to Him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like that! Thanks for posting.