Monday, August 17, 2009

Cowboy Doctor

Today was Parker's three month follow-up appt with Dr. Nolan...or as we call him...the cowboy doctor. He is an EXCELLENT doctor but one might not think so upon first sight! After a thorough exam by the respiratory therapist, the medical student, and finally Dr. Nolan, the conclusion was that Parker was doing great and no adjustment to his medicines was necessary. I always dream of his oxygen level being 100% but in reality I know that it won't be...97% it was! He was 38 pounds and 40.5 inches tall. Growing taller but not gaining any weight for some time now. Parker has the hardest time with asthma/allergies from Sept-Nov so the upcoming months will tell us a lot! Parker is still his happy, loving every minute of life self! I'm proud of you Parker and how you tackle this asthma with a great attitude! 4 meds every day is a lot for a little guy but you do a fabulous job! Thank you, Lord, for great doctors and for my precious Parkerman! I am so thankful to have medicines that help Parker and pray for those who suffer and die because medical care isn't available.

1 comment:

TJPPPSmith said...

I am glad to see him doing better. I hope the next few months are good as well...