Friday, September 9, 2011

Summer Changes Things


These sweet boys are a blast to spend the entire summer with! We watch the Texas Rangers almost every evening for a little while and play outside a ton! :) Summer is a time when I don't have to work at all, no school for the boys, trips with Daddy, lots of reading, coloring and playing together - without time limits! :)

Also this summer, the beloved "paci" became broken and Tate threw all the pacifiers in the dumpster. There were a few tears and questions (Tate loves to ask "why"), but overall, it wasn't my fault that they pacifiers were broken and he took it upon himself to throw them away. Tate wrapped up the summer by being potty trained. He was a gem during the whole process and I'm so thankful! He still wears pull-ups at night time but the Maybin household is finished with diapers!
Yay...I think! :)

Parker transitioned to naps only on Sunday afternoon and quiet time in his room the rest of the week. He is doing great with this although bedtime comes a bit earlier these days! Parker also enjoys reading books...cover to cover. He likes to tell me the title, author and identify the book level. He cannot be about to enter Kindergarten!?!

It makes me excited to see these milestones because I know the next ones will be adventuresome, fun and a time to embrace and to learn more about my two little miracles!

No comments: