Tuesday, October 19, 2010

They say it's your birthday...

Happy, Happy Birthday Parker Scott Maybin!!Parker turned five on October 4, 2010! We had a GREAT celebration starting with an early morning of presents...


followed by cinnamon rolls for breakfast, McDonald's delivered to Parker for lunch at school (ALL picked by Parker) and a class party complete with cake and lemonade (we LOVE his friends...they are so special to us!)...





When Bradley and I picked Parker up from school, he requested a trip to the fire station! We went to the newest station...station 11...in Amarillo! Because it's breast cancer awareness month, the first station was selling hot pink fire department shirts of which we are proud owners of now!! A great way to show Parker that we should ALWAYS think and pray for others. All proceeds went to support breast cancer research.


We ended the day with several friends stopping by to play, more presents, and talking to all of our family on the phone or on skype!


My sweet Parker!
Your dad and I are so very proud of you and love you very much! As I think about the past five years in how you and I have both grown, I am overwhelmed with God's goodness, grace and blessings. I am sloowwwllyyy getting used to being called mom instead of mommy and I'm so thankful to be your mom! Your birthday pictures pretty much sum up what you love...emergencies, superheros, baseball and church (these pics to come in later post!)...how could I forget your Bug! Thanks for your hugs, winks, kisses and zeal for life!! I look forward to seeing how the Lord guides your precious heart...stay close to Him ALWAYS!! Together forever!

Love you to the moon and back!!
Mom

No comments: