Friday, June 24, 2011

Panhandle Winds

This spring and early summer, Amarillo has experienced the worst winds and highest temperatures in history. By winds, I mean 50-60 mph on a daily basis and temps above 100 before August! These conditions = horrible fires! Over 80 homes have been destroyed and tens of thousands of acres burned. We received .68 inches of moisture (mostly melted snow) since February 2010. Please join me in prayer for our city and farmers as the drought worsens. I know that God is up there, I know he is listening and I know he cares!

This is what we do pretty much every weekend after a week of winds.
We also have a lot of time to play inside...
Cars, cars, cars...
Painting

and brotherly love!


The Lord was sweet to give me a visual reminder that He is in control of ALL things...even in our own backyard. These roses were simply beautiful and were not blown away during the winds. The petite flowers survived but the big tree branches, limbs and leaves did not. Amazing.


When I pray, You answer me; You encourage me by giving me the strength I need.
Psalm 138:3

No comments: