Saturday, December 18, 2010

Holdin' Time


I know this picture is hard to see but it is Tate and I rocking after lunch one Sunday afternoon. The Lord reminded me of my sweet orphan kiddos in Russia that I held for 4 hours in the summer of 2004. The orphans lloooonnnngggg to be held and have human touch. What a great thing is was for me to able to meet that need for a couple of weeks while I was in St. Petersburg. That experience will always be with me as the Lord gently reminds me to smile upon hearing "momma" for the 1,065 time each day; to stop and play often with my babies; to belly laugh with them; to join their world every once in a while; and to hold them, rock them, read and be close to them EVERY day. Just as Jesus, Emmanuel, came to be with us, I need to be with my children! Last week was a very trying week, but the Lord was sweet to give me a thankful heart and a calm spirit while meeting the needs of my precious boys and amazing husband.

No comments: