Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Best Friends!

First, let me just say that we are glad to be back into a routine after a ton of fun during the holidays! Tax season is here, DNow is in 2 weeks with Mexico shortly thereafter...and Tate's birth. The nursery is almost complete and I will post pictures soon.

I took Parker to preschool yesterday (afterwhich I enjoyed a white chocolate mocha and a wonderful haircut) and he was almost up the stairs and in the door before I could gather his backpack, lunch and napmat! As soon as I said "green light" he was off to find Caw, Marci and Landri Klair!

Speaking of Landri Klair...Parker announced this morning...as soon as he woke up..."you and daddy are my best friends and Landri Klair and Thomas" (he has a friend in Sunday School that is Thomas...but I wasn't sure if that was who he was talking about or Thomas the Train!). I told him that was the coolest thing ever..."yeah, I know Mommy! Can I watch Curious George now?" It was a great moment. I know there will come a time that we are not his best friends...and rightfully so since that's not really our place until AFTER he is out of the house (Bradley could go on and on about relationships between teens and parents...but I will spare you!)...and I will enjoy my best friend, Parkerman, for now...all the while bathing him in prayer for those more difficult conversations and life events!

I must get to the grind this morning. My 31 week appt is later this morning...will update soon!

No comments: